Wednesday 15 July 2009

What This is About For Me
















There have been a few times in my life when I have 'accidentally' been at around 140 pounds due to circumstances such as falling in love and forgetting to eat or having traveled and the weight having dropped off due to the sheer amount of walking and moving I had been doing. But there have also been a few times in my life when I have surely been over 160 pounds, and I am certain there must have been a point several years ago when I was somewhere in the 170s. Mother fucker, ain't NEVER going back there again.

What this weight loss journey is about for me is more than merely shedding pounds. It is about having the control over my life that I know only I can have. It is about feeling the power in my life to DECIDE how heavy or how light I want to be, and it is about living in the freedom that this power brings. As people say, it really is NOT rocket science and it is not as hard as the entire diet industry makes it out to be. Gaining control over something like weight loss and health in my life is one step on my broader path to being the best me that I can be.

There is no one but myself dictating my size, my level of fitness or the foods that I choose to put into my body, this body, my only body. Which to be honest, I have a true love for. I do love myself and for that I feel lucky, so it is time to do right by myself, in every way that I can.

It is a lifestyle change. I do not want to diet and lose the weight and then feel that I can eat oily, sugary or over salted foods because I 'deserve' it. I want to get to a place in my life where I NEVER want that food again!

Currently I am at around 153 pounds and pushing hard but healthily to get into the 140s. I eat really well and I exercise five times per week. I will write a detailed account of what I do on both fronts in separate articles.

My goal is around 140 pounds, or 135 if I feel my frame can manage that, it is questionable.

And so far, that is what it is about for me

x0x

No comments:

Post a Comment